Pastor for Adults
Second Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas
is seeking to call an individual to serve with our congregation as Pastor for Adults to foster the spiritual wellbeing for adults by guiding existing programs and creating space for new ministries. This position will collaborate with our pastors and lay-led ministry teams.
We are excited for this opportunity, and we thank you for considering this webpage!
“Second B” is an inclusive, Christian community of faith partnering with CBF and Alliance of Baptists.
The position is full-time with competitive compensation and benefits. Job Description is listed below. Our Search Team welcomes applicants and interested persons to apply and inquire to
Pastor for Adults - Job Description:
To foster a holistic program and culture for adults to spiritually grow, connect and serve.
- Coordinate and resource adult groups, Bible study classes and various opportunities for spiritual enrichment on Sundays, Wednesdays and other times.
- Serve with Discipleship Implementation and other teams as assigned.
- Facilitate mid-week ministry for mature adults.
- Recruit and train volunteers for adult ministries.
- Coordinate with internal and external communications.
- Assist with annual adult retreat in concert with pastoral and volunteer team.
- Offer care to adults in collaboration with pastoral team.
- Create spaces and experiences for fellowship and activity.
- Connect individuals and groups with opportunities for serving.
- Coordinate and resource guest follow up.
- Preach as needed within and beyond our congregation.
- Participate and lead in regular liturgy.
Standard Second B Expectations of all Pastoral Staff:
- Assist in care, weddings, funerals and other ministries when needed and/or most appropriate.
- Make peace and unity among the congregation and the staff at large.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Full time
- Adequate theological education
- Experience with multi-staff congregation
All information above is subject to change.