Pastor for Music and Worship
In 2022 Second Baptist Church gives thanks to God for Rev. Dr. Scott Herrington who retired on July 10 after 10 years of faithful ministry. Our congregation will begin a vision, search and call process consistent with the values of our organization and Baptist roots.
Interested persons are encourage to apply by sending ample information and content to
- Second B partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and Alliance of Baptist networks.
- Second B is an inclusive community seeking to welcome and embody the fullness and beauty of the Christian church.
- Second B celebrates many aspects of the liturgical, church calendar and lectionary.
- Worship services can be viewed at: https://vimeo.com/secondbaptistlbk
- Second B developed a value statement regard worship in 2015 that is part of our Covenant of Community (bi-laws):
- "2B’s Worship is a dynamic and spirit-filled fusion of diverse styles, traditions, music and cultures. Worship opens us to transforming encounters with Christ, with each other, and calls us to action."
The Current Job Description:
Title: Pastor for Music and Worship
Purpose: To champion the excellence and integrity of all worship and music related ministries of our congregation.
- To plan, coordinate and lead regular services of worship including weekends and holy days.
- To plan, coordinate, resource and/or collaborate in all ministries related to music, worship and arts.
- To lead, develop, train and equip lay leaders and ministry teams specific to all areas of worship.
- Supervise Organist, Pianist, Worship Technicians and guest musicians.
- Oversee all aspects of worship space(s) in concert with staff and volunteers.
- Maintain ministry calendar in coordination with pastoral staff and congregation.
- To collaborate in all pastoral ministry of the congregation.
- Act as primary staff liaison with Worship Implementation Team
- Lead in care, weddings, funeral and other ministries when needed and/or most appropriate.
- Mentor worship artists within congregation
- Make peace and unity among the congregation and the staff at large.
- Respond to community needs.
- Assist with internal and external communications.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- (These duties listed above under "additional" are consistent among Pastors at Second B.)
- Pastoral Staff.
- Reports to Senior Pastor
- Full time with benefits.
As our congregation begins this process of listening, visioning, searching and calling, the description above is subject to change. As Baptists we celebrate the voice of God's Spirit as discerned through the people in the local congregation. Our Leadership Team, Search Team, Pastoral Team and church-body consider this to be a shared, spiritual process.